What should I eat?
It’s very important to get the right nutrition when you’re pregnant and to stay away from food that might contain harmful bacteria. Here is a quick list of foods to make sure you include in your diet and foods to avoid.
- Fresh fruits & vegetables
- Whole grains
Choose foods with low sugar, salt and bad fats. If your stomach hurts, eat crackers or plain toast.
What should I not eat?
Stay away from:
- Raw fish and sushi.
- Soft cheese.
- Raw meat, chicken or eggs.
- Juice or milk that hasn’t been sterilized.
- Lunch or deli meats, smoked seafood and hot dogs (unless heated until steaming.)
- Ham, chicken or seafood salads.
- Raw sprouts.
- Fish high in mercury like shark, swordfish, tilefish, king mackerel, bigeye tuna, marlin, orange roughy and Chilean sea bass
Have more questions?