Last revised on: October 31, 2021
The website located at Pacify.com (the “Site”) is a copyrighted work belonging to Pacify Health LLC (“Company”, “us”, “our”, and “we”). Certain features of the Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site in connection with such features. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into these Terms.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION (SECTION 10.2) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS, AND ALSO LIMIT THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
- Account Creation: In order to use certain features of the Site, you must register for an account (“Account”) and provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the account registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may delete your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Site. Company may suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with Section 8.
- Account Responsibilities: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
ACCESS TO THE SITE
- License: Subject to these Terms, Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use and access the Site solely for your own personal, noncommercial use.
- Certain Restrictions: The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you will not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site, whether in whole or in part, or any content displayed on the Site; (b) you will not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site; (c) you will not access the Site in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Site (or on any content displayed on the Site) must be retained on all copies thereof.
- Modification: Company reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you. You agree that Company will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Site or any part thereof.
- No Support or Maintenance: You acknowledge and agree that the Company will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site.
- Ownership: Excluding any User Content that you may provide (defined below), you acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trade marks, and trade secrets in the Site and its content are owned by Company or Company’s suppliers. Neither these Terms (nor your access to the Site) transfers to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressly set forth in Section 2.1. Company and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms.
- User Content: “User Content” means any and all information and content that a user submits to or uses with the Site (e.g., content in the user’s profile or postings). You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with use of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of your User Content that personally identifies you or any third party. You hereby represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate our Acceptable Use Policy.You may not represent or imply to others that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by the Company. Because you alone are responsible for your User Content, you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy. Company is not obligated to backup any User Content, and your User Content may be deleted at any time without prior notice. You are solely responsible for creating and maintaining your own backup copies of your User Content if you desire.
- License:You hereby grant (and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant) to Company an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, solely for the purposes of including your User Content in the Site. You hereby irrevocably waive (and agree to cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- You agree not to use the Site to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content (i) that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable; (iii) that is harmful to minors in any way; or (iv) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
- In addition, you agree not to: (i) upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Site any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (ii) send through the Site unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (iii) use the Site to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; (iv) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Site, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Site), whether through password mining or any other means; (vi) harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Site; or (vi) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Site, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to (or to strip, scrape, or mine data from) the Site (provided, however, that we conditionally grant to the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials, subject to the parameters set forth in our robots.txt file).
- Enforcement: We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review any User Content, and to investigate and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate the Acceptable Use Policy or any other provision of these Terms or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such action may include removing or modifying your User Content, terminating your Account in accordance with Section 8, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
- Feedback: If you provide Company with any feedback or suggestions regarding the Site (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to Company all rights in such Feedback and agree that Company shall have the right to use and fully exploit such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. Company will treat any Feedback you provide to Company as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to Company any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
- Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold Company (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Site, (b) your violation of these Terms, (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations or (d) your User Content. Company reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Company. Company will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS & ADS: OTHER USERS
- Third-Party Links & Ads: The Site may contain links to third-party websites and services, and/or display advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third-Party Links & Ads”). Such Third-Party Links & Ads are not under the control of Company, and Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Links & Ads. Company provides access to these Third-Party Links & Ads only as a convenience to you, and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Links & Ads. You use all Third-Party Links & Ads at your own risk, and should apply a suitable level of caution and discretion in doing so. When you click on any of the Third-Party Links & Ads, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third-Party Links & Ads.
- Other Users. Each Site user is solely responsible for any and all of its own User Content. Because we do not control User Content, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any User Content, whether provided by you or by others. We make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any User Content. Your interactions with other Site users are solely between you and such users. You agree that the Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Site user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
- Release: You hereby release and forever discharge the Company (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or that relates directly or indirectly to, the Site (including any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Site users or any Third-Party Links & Ads). IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND COMPANY (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS, OR WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE. IF APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FIRST USE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY (OR OUR SUPPLIERS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF FIFTY US DOLLARS (U.S. $50). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT OUR SUPPLIERS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TERM AND TERMINATION
Subject to this Section, these Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Site (including your Account) at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site in violation of these Terms. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your Account and right to access and use the Site will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Account may involve deletion of your User Content associated with your Account from our live databases. Company will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms, including for termination of your Account or deletion of your User Content. Even after your rights under these Terms are terminated, the following provisions of these Terms will remain in effect: Sections 2.2 through 2.5, Section 3 and Sections 4 through 10.
Company respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Site do the same. In connection with our Site, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of our online Site who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Site, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed
- identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove
- sufficient information to permit us to locate such material
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law and;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
- Changes: These Terms are subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us (if any), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. You are responsible for providing us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Any changes to these Terms will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an e-mail notice to you (if applicable) or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Site. Continued use of our Site following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with the Company and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- Applicability of Arbitration Agreement: All claims and disputes (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with the Terms or the use of any product or service provided by the Company that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed to, all arbitration proceedings shall be held in English. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and the Company, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under the Terms.
- Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution: Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to the Company should be sent to: 1001 19th St. North, Suite 1001, Arlington, Virginia 22209. After the Notice is received, you and the Company may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and the Company do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
- Arbitration Rules: Arbitration shall be initiated through the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section. If AAA is not available to arbitrate, the parties shall agree to select an alternative ADR Provider. The rules of the ADR Provider shall govern all aspects of the arbitration, including but not limited to the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with the Terms. The AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules (“Arbitration Rules”) governing the arbitration are available online at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator. Any claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is less than Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) may be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. For claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the Arbitration Rules. Any hearing will be held in a location within 100 miles of your residence, unless you reside outside of the United States, and unless the parties agree otherwise. If you reside outside of the U.S., the arbitrator shall give the parties reasonable notice of the date, time and place of any oral hearings. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. If the arbitrator grants you an award that is greater than the last settlement offer that the Company made to you prior to the initiation of arbitration, the Company will pay you the greater of the award or $2,500.00. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney’s fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider.
- Additional Rules for Non-Appearance Based Arbitration: If non-appearance based arbitration is elected, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
- Time Limits: If you or the Company pursue arbitration, the arbitration action must be initiated and/or demanded within the statute of limitations (i.e., the legal deadline for filing a claim) and within any deadline imposed under the AAA Rules for the pertinent claim.
- Authority of Arbitrator: If arbitration is initiated, the arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and the Company, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages, and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the AAA Rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and the Company.
- Waiver of Jury Trial: THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in a court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and the Company in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND THE COMPANY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions: ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER.
- Confidentiality: All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, including but not limited to the award of the arbitrator and compliance therewith, shall be strictly confidential. The parties agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by law. This paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Agreement, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
- Severability: If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Right to Waive: Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Arbitration Agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Arbitration Agreement.
- Survival of Agreement: This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Company.
- Small Claims Court: Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or the Company may bring an individual action in small claims court.
- Emergency Equitable Relief: Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Arbitration Agreement.
- Claims Not Subject to Arbitration: Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark or trade secrets shall not be subject to this Arbitration Agreement.
- Courts: In any circumstances where the foregoing Arbitration Agreement permits the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Arlington County, Virginia, for such purpose
- Export: The Site may be subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree not to export, reexport, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any U.S. technical data acquired from Company, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations.
- Disclosures: Company is located at the address in Section 10.8. If you are a California resident, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Product of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
- Electronic Communications: The communications between you and Company use electronic means, whether you use the Site or send us emails, or whether Company posts notices on the Site or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were be in a hardcopy writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
- Entire Terms: These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation”. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to Company is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. These Terms, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. Company may freely assign these Terms. The terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall be binding upon assignees.
- Copyright/Trademark Information: Copyright © 2021 Pacify Health LLC. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third parties which may own the Marks.
Compliance Officer Address: 1001 19th St. North Suite 1001 Arlington, Virginia 22209 Telephone: (202) 315-5223 Email: [email protected]
Notice Of Privacy Practices
Effective Date: October 31st, 2021
Pacify, an Advantia Health company, is committed to protecting the privacy of your protected health information (PHI). PHI is information that may be used to identify you -- information such as your name, home address, email address, date of birth, child/childrens’ name and date of birth and phone number -- and that relates to: a) your past, present, or future health condition; b) the provision of healthcare to you or c) past, present, or future payment for healthcare services provided to you. In the course of providing services to you, Pacify will receive information about you as well as create information or records about you.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act requires Pacify to maintain the privacy and security of your PHI and to provide you with this notice of our legal obligations and your rights and responsibilities with respect to your PHI. This Notice will remain in effect until we replace it. If we make changes to this Notice, the changes must be in compliance with applicable law. Any new terms will apply to all PHI that Pacify maintains, including PHI that was received or created before such changes were made. If Pacify changes this Notice, we will post the new Notice on our website and will make copies of the new Notice available upon your request.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PHI MAINTAINED BY PACIFY: What You Need To Know
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights to your health information and some of our responsibilities to help you.
You have the right to:
- Control How You Are Identified When Using the Pacify App
- When using the Pacify App, you may elect to remain anonymous
- Obtain an electronic or paper copy of your medical record
- You may ask to see or receive an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other health information we have about you. Ask us how to do this.
- We will provide a copy or a summary of your health information, usually within 21 working days of your request. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.
- Ask us to correct your medical record
- You may ask us to correct health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. Ask us how to do this.
- We may say "no" to your request, but we'll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
- Request confidential communications
- You may ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or mobile phone) or to send mail to a different home/email address.
- We will say "yes" to all reasonable requests.
- Ask us to limit what we use or share
- You may ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment, or our operations. We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say "no" if it would affect your care.
- Obtain a list of those with whom we've shared your information
- You may ask for a list (accounting) of the times we've shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, with whom we shared it, and why.
- We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, and health care operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make). We'll provide one accounting a year for free but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within 12 months.
- Breach Notification
- You have the right to be notified in the event that Pacify (or a Pacify Business Associate) discovers a breach of unsecured PHI.
- Obtain a copy of this Privacy Notice
- You may ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
- Choose someone to act for you
- If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
- We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.
- File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated
- You may complain if you feel we have violated your privacy rights by contacting our Compliance Officer at [email protected] or 571-257-1480.
- You may also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.
- We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
OUR USES AND DISCLOSURES: What You Need To Know
We typically use or share your health information in the following ways that are allowed or required by law:
- We may share your health information with the healthcare organization that enables you to have access to Pacify.
- Your information may also be shared in the event of a clinical concern.
- As required by law, we may share your information in situations that pose a potential medical emergency.
- We may use and share your health information to run our organization, improve your care, and contact you when necessary.
- We may use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans or other entities that help to make Pacify’s services available to you.
OTHER WAYS WE MAY USE OR SHARE YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
- We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes. For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html
- Help with public health and safety issues
- We can share health information about you for certain situations, such as:
- Preventing disease.
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence.
- Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone's health or safety.
- Conduct research
- We may use or share your information for health research.
- Comply with the law
- We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if the Department wants to see that we're complying with federal privacy law.
- Address workers' compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
- We may use or share health information about you:
- For workers' compensation claims.
- For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official.
- With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law.
- For special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential protective services.
- Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
- We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a subpoena.
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR PHI: What You Need To Know
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices currently described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html
Affiliated Covered Entity
- As an affiliated covered entity, this notice applies to any healthcare entity owned or under common control of Advantia Holdings, LLC, now or in the future.
- If federal privacy law and your applicable state/district law conflict, and the state/district law is more protective of your information or provides you with greater access to your information, then we will follow the state/district law.
Other Particularly Sensitive Conditions
- Certain other types of health information may have additional protection under state/district law.
- For example, health information about HIV/AIDS and mental health information is treated differently than other types of health information under state law. These categories of information generally will not be disclosed without your consent.
- The effective date of this Notice is October 31, 2021.
For more information, please contact the Advantia Health Chief Compliance Officer at 1001 19th Street North, Suite 1001, Rosslyn, VA, 22209 or by email [email protected]
Pacify Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Description of Application and Pacify Services
As described below, Pacify makes certain maternal and pediatric health information available to you and/or facilitates your access to independent consultants (as defined below) through the Pacify Application (defined below) and our Websites (defined below).
Pacify Application & Websites
The Pacify Application is a downloadable software application (the “Pacify Application” or “Application”) that enables you to access Pacify functionality directly from a mobile device supported by Pacify (“Device”). You may download the Application whether or not you use the Pacify services, but you must associate it with your Pacify account to enable its full functionality. The use of the Application is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
The term “Website(s)” include, but is not be limited to, the following URLS and social media accounts owned and maintained by Pacify and their associated subpages and information:
pacify.com facebook.com/pacifyapp instagram.com/pacifyapp/ vimeo.com/pacifyapp twitter.com/pacifyapp linkedin.com/company/pacify pinterest.com/PacifyApp/_saved/
Through the Application, Pacify provides the following services (the “Services”): we enable you to access virtual/remote/mobile counseling and consultation services from independent lactation consultants, doulas, nurses and other maternal and pediatric health care professionals as determined by Pacify (collectively, “Independent Consultants”).
The Services do not include the provision of medical care or other professional services by Pacify or its employees. Pacify facilitates access to online counseling and consultation services provided by Independent Consultants. While the Services may provide access to certain general health information, and also may provide messaging functionality to contact Independent Consultant(s), the Services cannot and are not intended to provide medical advice.
We advise you, and it is your responsibility, to seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding the health or medical conditions of you and/or your child. Never disregard, avoid, or delay in obtaining medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of information received from an Independent Consultant or seen on the Application or Pacify’s website.
If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem or condition, please contact a qualified healthcare professional immediately. Likewise, if your child has or you suspect that your child has a medical problem or condition, please contact a qualified healthcare professional immediately.
Pacify is not a platform for unassisted home births or emergency births happening out-of-hospital or on the way to a birth center, without the presence of a licensed birth professional. In the event of a precipitous labor or birth, you must call 911 and seek local emergency medical care. Pacify providers are not a replacement for a licensed midwife or physician who can provide primary healthcare services during pregnancy, labor or birth.
To the extent health recommendations are provided to you by an Independent Consultant through the Services, such health recommendations are based on the personal health information of you and/or your child as provided by you and the local standards of care for your presenting symptoms, based on your use of the Services. Responses are not provided by Pacify, but are provided by the Independent Consultant.
Disclaimers Related to Services
USE OF THE SERVICES IS NOT FOR EMERGENCIES. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, OR IF AT ANY TIME YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR HEALTH OR THE HEALTH OF YOUR CHILD, CALL 911 OR GO TO THE NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM.
THE CONTENT ON THE PACIFY APPLICATION AND PACIFY WEBSITE IS NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE OR A SUBSTITUTE FOR INDIVIDUAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT WITH A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER LICENSED PRIMARY HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. INDEPENDENT CONSULTANTS CANNOT GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE AND ARE LIMITED TO MAKING HEALTH RECOMMENDATIONS BASED ON THEIR SCOPE OF PRACTICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TALK TO YOUR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS FOR DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT, INCLUDING INFORMATION REGARDING WHICH TREATMENT MAY BE APPROPRIATE FOR YOU
AND/OR YOUR CHILD. PACIFY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION OR PACIFY WEBSITE NOR WHETHER ANY PARTICULAR TREATMENT IS SAFE, APPROPRIATE, OR EFFECTIVE FOR YOU AND/OR YOUR CHILD.
Through the Application, Pacify enables you to access limited counseling and consultation services online from certain independent licensed or certified consultants, who may include lactation consultants, doulas, nurses and other healthcare professionals (collectively, “Independent Consultants”).
Pacify arranges for Independent Consultants to be available on the Application and to make their services available to you on-demand. Pacify provides other types of administrative services and information to you and the Independent Consultants.
Independent Consultants are solely responsible for maintaining any required licenses, certifications and/or authorizations, as applicable, in the respective state(s) in which they provide their services. Independent Consultants are independent contractors; they are not employees of Pacify. Independent Consultants are responsible for their independent professional judgment and recommendations. Each Independent Consultant’s scope of service is limited by his/her applicable licensure/certification and any service restrictions established by Pacify. Independent Consultants are in no way intended to replace your primary care physician, ob-gyn, midwife, pediatrician or any other clinical relationship you maintain or may need. Pacify does not recommend or endorse any specific treatment, services, tests or advice provided by Independent Consultants.
Content on Application and Website
The information that Pacify provides on the Application or its Website(s) is intended for general informational purposes only. It is not intended as professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Reliance on any information provided by Independent Consultants or appearing on the Application or Website is solely at your own risk.
Your Use of the Application and Access to Independent Consultants
Access to certain portions of the Application is restricted to registered users of our Services. Direct subscribers (as defined below) must be 18 years old to access the Application and the Services. As part of our registration process, you must provide us with personal identification information, personal health information, a current, valid email address and phone number. Billing information is required for direct subscribers. A direct subscriber is a user who is responsible for paying any subscription fees, as opposed to an individual who has access paid for by their employer, health plan, or other organization.
Direct subscribers may register for either one (1) month, three (3) month or twelve (12) month subscriptions. Subscriptions run from the date of valid payment for enrollment. Upon the expiration of your subscription period, if you elect to re-enroll you will be charged the applicable subscription fee. If after subscribing to the Pacify Application you elect not to use the Application, cease using the Application, or uninstall the Application, there are NO REFUNDS.
Fees and Applicable Charges
If you are a direct subscriber, you agree that you are solely responsible for all subscription fees for the Services, pursuant to the schedule of monthly subscriptions and fees set forth on the Website and the Pacify Application. You agree to be responsible for any telephone charges and/or Internet service fees you incur in accessing and using the Website, the Pacify Application and Services. Pacify reserves the right to modify its pricing and subscription structure at any time.
Registration and Security
When you register, you will be asked to choose a password. You are responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your password and you agree not to disclose your password to any third-party. You will be solely responsible for any activities or actions taken under your account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You must notify us immediately if you know or suspect that any unauthorized person is using your password or your account (for example, your password has been lost or stolen, someone has attempted to use the Services through your account without your consent or your account has been accessed without your permission). We strongly recommend that you do not use the Services on public computers. We also recommend that you do not store your password through your web browser or other software.
By using the Pacify Application, you agree to not engage in inappropriate or illegal activity, including, but not limited to, any of the following:
- Converse in, send or otherwise transmit to or through the Application any unlawful, infringing, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, hateful or otherwise objectionable manner or material of any kind, and any unsolicited advertising, solicitation or promotional materials;
- Misrepresent your identity or a liation in any manner;
- Seek support outside the scope of Services;
- Engage in any abusive use of the Application or an Independent Consultant’s time;
- Subject the Independent Consultants to any harassment, abuse or inappropriate conduct;
- Reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any section or technology in the Application or attempt to do any of the foregoing;
- Gain unauthorized access to the Application, to other users’ accounts, names, personally identifiable information or other information, or to other computers or websites connected or linked to Application; or
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment.
If we determine that you may have engaged in any of the above behavior or other behavior that jeopardizes Pacify, the Application or Independent Consultants, we may terminate your access immediately without notice and you will forfeit any fees paid. Pacify does not refund any fees paid for access to the Application.
Limited License to Use the Application
Pacify hereby grants you, subject to these Terms and Conditions, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited personal license to:
- Use the Application for your own personal use;
- Install the Application on only one Device; and
- Make one copy of the Application in any machine readable form solely for back-up purposes, provided you reproduce the Application in its original form and with all proprietary notices on the back-up copy.
For clarity, the foregoing is not intended to prohibit you from installing and backing-up the Application for another Device on which you also agreed to these Terms and Conditions. Each instance of these Terms and Conditions that you agree to grants you the aforementioned rights in connection with the installation, use and back-up of one copy of the Application on one Device.
Title, ownership and all rights (including without limitation intellectual property rights) in and to the Application shall remain with Pacify. Except for those limited rights expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions, no other rights are granted, whether express or implied.
You understand and agree that you shall only use the Application in a manner that complies with any and all applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which you use the Application. Your use shall be in accordance with applicable restrictions concerning privacy and intellectual property rights.
You may not:
- Create derivative works based on the Application;
- Use the Application for any purpose other than as described herein;
- Copy or reproduce the Application except as described in these Terms and Conditions;
- Sell, assign, license, disclose, distribute or otherwise transfer or make available the Application or any copies of the Application in any form to any third parties;
- Alter, translate, decompile, reverse assemble or reverse engineer the Application, or attempt to do any of the foregoing, except to the extent this prohibition is not permitted under an applicable law; or
- Remove or alter any proprietary notices or marks on the Application.
Use of Content
The content that Pacify provides to users on or through the Application may be protected by copyright or other intellectual rights owned by Pacify or third party licensor. You may not copy, reproduce, post, modify, create derivative works, use for commercial purposes or distribute any of the Content without the express written permission of Pacify.
If you supply any comments, information, or material through the Application, you represent and warrant to us that you have the legal right to supply such material and that it will not violate any law or the rights of any person or entity. Except for any PHI you submit to us, all information or material you supply to us shall be deemed and shall remain our property, and you hereby assign to us all right, title, and interest in and to any such information or material, without any restriction or obligation to you.
The Pacify trademark, service mark and logos used and displayed on the Application are the registered or unregistered trademarks and service marks of Pacify. You may not use any trademark, service marks or logos without the express written permission of Pacify.
PACIFY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE APPLICATION WILL MEET ANY REQUIREMENTS OR NEEDS YOU MAY HAVE, OR THAT THE APPLICATION WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE, OR IN AN UNINTERRUPTED MANNER, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE APPLICATION IS FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR PLATFORM. THE APPLICATION IS OFFERED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS AND NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS GIVEN. PACIFY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE WAIVER OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THEY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Modification to Terms and Conditions and Termination of Access
Pacify may modify the Terms and Conditions with notice to you either in email or by publishing notice on the Pacify website or Application, such modifications may include, but not be limited, to charging fees for the use of some functionalities or all of the Application. In addition, Pacify may terminate your use of the Application, or the Pacify services at any time, with or without notice.
Updates to Application
Pacify may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide Application updates, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches and other error corrections and/or new features (collectively, including related documentation, “Updates”). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that Pacify has no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality.
Based on your Device settings, when your Device is connected to the internet either: the Application will automatically download and install all available Updates; or you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install available Updates. You shall promptly download and install all Updates and acknowledge and agree that the Application or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the Application and be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
U.S. Government Restricted Rights
The Application is commercial computer software, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101. Accordingly, if you are an agency of the US Government or any contractor therefor, you receive only those rights with respect to the Application as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.
You agree to indemnify and otherwise hold harmless Pacify, its o cers, employers, agents, subsidiaries, a liates and other partners from any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages arising out of, relating to, or resulting from your use of the Application or any other matter relating to the Application.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT PACIFY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF PACIFY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). IN NO EVENT WILL PACIFY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF LICENSING FEES PAID BY YOU TO PACIFY. THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES AND/OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
These Terms and Conditions are expressly made subject to any laws, regulations, orders or other restrictions on the export from the United States of America of the Application or information about such Application which may be imposed from time to time by the government of the United States of America. You shall not export the Application or information about the Application without consent of Pacify and compliance with such laws, regulations, orders or other restrictions.
Last updated 6/23/2022
Pacify SMS Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: 5/1/2023
These SMS Terms and Conditions ("Terms") govern your use of the SMS (Short Message Service) provided by Pacify Health ("Pacify") for communication purposes. By opting to receive SMS messages from Pacify, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms. Please read these Terms carefully before opting in to receive SMS messages.
Service Description: Pacify provides SMS services to deliver important and relevant information related to your healthcare and wellness needs. The SMS service may include appointment reminders, health tips, program updates, and other healthcare-related information.
Opting In and Opting Out: To receive SMS messages from Pacify, you must opt in by providing your express consent to receive such messages. Message and data rates may apply.
If you wish to opt out of receiving SMS messages from Pacify, you can do so at any time by replying "STOP" to the received message, by contacting our customer support at (202) 571-7757 or via email at [email protected]. Upon opting out you may receive one final confirmation message to acknowledge your request.
Message Frequency: The frequency of SMS messages you receive may vary depending on your interaction with Pacify, your healthcare needs, and the services you have subscribed to. However, Pacify aims to limit the number of messages to a reasonable level to avoid causing inconvenience to you.
Message Content: The content of SMS messages may include, but is not limited to, appointment reminders, health information, program updates, surveys, promotional offers, and general communications related to your healthcare needs. While Pacify strives to provide accurate and relevant information, it does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the content delivered via SMS.
Message Delivery: Pacify will make reasonable efforts to ensure the timely delivery of SMS messages. However, message delivery is subject to the limitations of your mobile network provider and your mobile device. Pacify is not responsible for any delays or failures in message delivery beyond its reasonable control.
Message and Data Rates: You are solely responsible for any message or data charges imposed by your mobile network provider. Message and data rates may apply for SMS messages sent or received. Please consult your mobile network provider for details about your plan and any applicable charges.
Amendments and Termination: Pacify reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the SMS service, these Terms, or any aspect thereof, at its sole discretion and without prior notice. Pacify may also modify the content and frequency of SMS messages. You will be bound by any modifications made to these Terms.
Customer Support: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding the SMS service or these Terms, please contact Pacify's customer support at (202) 571-7757 or via email at [email protected].
Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction where Pacify operates. Any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that jurisdiction.